Use public transport and means of transport other than cars. Travel green.
- Direct access with public transport will be possible for several points of arrival.
- All sites can be reached by bicycle and on foot.
- If driving is your only option, consider car-sharing. Car parks will be available in neighbouring areas to CERN and Open Days shuttles will bring you to your arrival site. Please note that there is no direct car access or car parking at any of the CERN sites.
- Visitors with reduced mobility will be contacted directly for solutions.
Accessibility for persons with reduced mobility
CERN Open Days is accessible to persons with reduced mobility. CERN is working to ensure all visitors enjoy a safe and comfortable visit.
Vehicles displaying the official badge for driver or passengers with reduced mobility will benefit from dedicated parking spaces and shuttle services to and from CERN sites.
We are expecting between 70 000 and 80 000 visitors over these two days. For security reasons, the following roads will be closed:
- Route de l’Europe
- Route de la vie Chenaille in Echenevex between the D984C and the corner of route François Estier
- Route de Meyrin from the roundabout by the French gates to route du Mandement
- Route de Meyrin to Ferney Voltaire and its continuation into Switzerland, avenue Auguste-François Dubois, in the direction from France to Switzerland